Our Facilities are Well-Maintained, Clean, and Sanitary
- All 2-hour play sessions are separated by 1 hour for our staff to go thoroughly all levels of play with portable vacuums and a thorough wipe down of high touch surfaces.
- Weekly Ball Area Maintenance:
- All ball areas are emptied of all balls.
- The empty spaces are cleaned & sanitized.
- 100% of all GermBlock Balls are individually washed and sanitized using commercial ball washing machines
- Balls are dried and returned to the ball areas.
- After each 2-hour play session in addition to cleaning high-touch surfaces, we utilize a strategic cleaning map to deep clean individual play areas.
- Carpeted areas are professionally cleaned every 3-4 months.
Ocean Adventures uses GermBLOCK™ ball-pit balls
GermBLOCK™ ball-pit balls are 100% made in the USA, from USA-sourced materials since 1991.
GermBLOCK™ ball-pit balls are blow-molded from polyethylene plastic, the same family of plastics from which milk and other common plastic containers are molded from. Our blow-molding process goes through several stages: material blending, molding, conveying, trimming, and packaging. We use a fully automated, computer-controlled manufacturing process that ensures a consistent, high-quality ball. Our trademarked GermBLOCK™ agent is added to the plastic material (called the “substrate”) in the blending stage before being molded into a ball. GermBLOCK™ is not a surface coating; it is an integral part of the plastic itself.
GermBLOCK™ balls are safe for children (and adults, too). They are molded of non-toxic materials. GermBLOCK complies with the CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY IMPROVEMENT ACT of 2008, and ASTM F963-7 regarding hazardous metals.
Cleaning and Sanitation Agents used at Ocean Adventures
256 Century Q is a no-rinse, neutral pH, hospital disinfectant cleaner that disinfects, cleans and deodorizes in one labor-saving
Hospital grade, broad spectrum disinfectant that has been shown to be effective against Influenza A virus associated with the flu and is expected to inactivate all influenza A viruses including Pandemic 2009 H1N1
Kills athletes foot fungus, Trichophyton mentagrophytes (the cause of Ringworm).
Kills *HIV-1 (Aids Virus), *Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and *Heptiatis C Virus (HCV), *Influenza A virus associated with the fl u, *Adenovirus Type 4, *Canine distemper and *Rabies.
This product is effective on *Rotavirus, *Adenovirus Type 4. Mildewstatic Will effectively control the growth of mold and mildew plus the odors caused by them when applied to hard, nonporous surfaces.
Bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal. Kills MRSA and VRE. Meets bloodborne pathogen standards for decontaminating blood and body fluids. One of the leading brands in hospital hard surface disinfection.
- Cleans and disinfects high-touch surfaces in Ten Minutes
- Kills common microorganisms including HIV, VRE, MRSA, Influenza, Adenovirus, Acinetobacter, Klebsiella, and many more
- Meets OSHA bloodborne pathogen standards